The Col Sec series is progressing quite well, there are five full size books already finished plus one novella with another full size book and another novella in the works. I am working with some incredibly talented people to produce a trailer for Ronin and if successful I hope to follow that up with trailers for each successive book.
I recently chose a title for a as yet unpublished book in the series and set it aside. I continued working on the new stuff in the series but at the back of my mind I had this nagging little doubt. At first I couldn’t put my finger on it. I thought it was something with the book, was the villain strong enough? Was the story fast enough, did it have enough twists and turns to keep the reader satisfied? After hours of agonising over it, after revisiting it and going over it time after time I finally realised what it was. I had used a different title than the one I had picked originally. I attempted to get away from the one word titles that the rest of the series used and when I looked back at it it just didn’t fit.
One word titles are snappy, attention grabbing and stay with you long after you have finished reading the book but are a pain in the ass to come up with. To encapsulate all the energy, all the drama, fun, terror, everything you love about the book into just one word, and have that one word convey everything you want about the book to the potential reader is possibly harder than actually writing the book.
I learned my lesson, no more changes to my routine. Stick to what works, as a wise man once said, “If it aint broke, don’t fix it,”
That’s all for now, see you soon